birthday stuff

0

Posted in , , ,

I was spoiled for my birthday this year. There is a haul video for this on my channel, but I never have enough time to say everything I want to say. I know my boyfriend might read this, *hehe* so here's a big thanks to him because anything Mac related wouldn't be gracing this post if it hadn't been for him. Seriously though, flowers and make-up.. I hope your boyfriend treats you this well.

On to the stuff! I got my first pair of converses in a sort of lilac purple. I tried both the high-tops and lows: I felt like the high-tops made my feet look big. I got a size 5.5, and they fit a tad bit loose but they are very comfy.

--

I also got a lip brush. How random is that? Here is a pair of converses and a lip brush, happy birthday. I'm not complaining though. It's a cheap Sparesource brush, which can be found at Walmart. I'm not really into lip brushes too much, so I wouldn't be able to tell you which is the best - but this one seems pretty decent. You can't really argue with the price since it was only $2 CAN. I'll show pictures and give a review on my Sparesource brushes/appliances. (coming soon)

On to Mac! I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I thought he didn't want me wearing make-up, but oh well. Here's what he got me/what I picked out when I exchanged a couple of items:

 

Jest - a muted peach with silver frost, great for highlight or all over wash for neutral look.

Satin Taupe -you've seen this all over, it's a taupe with silvery bronze shimmers, a frost, and for the most part gorgeous and completely wearable for everyday and any day.

Nocturnelle - a chrome purple with a hint of pink, it's a frost and I would definitely recommend this especially if you have brown eyes.

Carbon - matte black, everyone has it. I wouldn't have gotten it if it hadn't been for the sales lady who told my boyfriend to buy it for me because I own a dupe, non the less, it would be nice to see if this one performs any better.

Bisque - soft pink-beige matte, my only matte highlight.

Stars & Rockets - the mac website says it's a dirty lavender with red/pink reflects, but I see blue in it too.

Sketch - a burgundy plum flecked with red shimmer, in a velvet finish. This color excites me so much.

Contrast - blueish-purple flecked with blue shimmer, in a velvet finish. Had to get the blue version.

There is only ONE spot left, what would you suggest? I was thinking deep truth or woodwinked, but I already have urban decay pallet from last summer called "Get Baked" with golds in it already (i.e. half baked and baked).

4 shadow palette- perfect for travel, because I only had a 15 shadow palette. My one pet peeve with the 15 palette is that the cover is not transparent, therefore there is no way of knowing what shades are in it without labeling or opening it up. The empty travel palette he got me has a transparent cover, which is a nice touch.


Mac 224 - I was always tempted to buy either the 222 or 224. I have a brush that is sort of a knock off, however, it is much smaller than my new 224. I've used it twice, with carbon and sketch. I truly adore this brush. It is so soft and it allows you to take the least amount of dark shadow possible and buff it out over the largest area possible. It spreads shadow and blends like a dream. People seem to think it's huge, but if you work with the tip and blend using little swirling motions or windshield wiper motions - it works wonders. (want to see the smaller knock off? coming soon)

Mac 168 - contour dream!I have been meaning to try this. I use to press down bristles of a brush from an arts supply store in order to apply bronzer as a contour, but not any more.

What I exchanged:

Mac 242 - a packing brush that works even better with cream shadows or for concealer application. I even read a review where someone stated that this brush make the best lip brush - it's very multi-functional. I don't typically use a liquid concealer for now, nor cream shadows/paint pots. Perhaps I will repurchase this, but this definitely isn't a necessity for now. It's not a brush you look at and fall instantly in love with, but I guess we can all learn to love.

Mac 266 - a thin angled brush, truly not worth the price if you ask me. I barely ever fill in my eyebrows, I have yet to use blacktrack fluidline or any liquids that require me to whip out a brush of my own (since I use L'oreal Lineur intense).  The lady at the Mac counter tried to sway me into keeping it but I have two other slanted brushes in this appartment - and they are under-used by me (mom loves them). Maybe I'll eat my words later, but not today.

Mac make-up case - originally he told me there was a hard cover that he wanted to get me, but they were out of stock. Instead he had chosen the next best thing, a plain black over sized pencil case-esq looking zippy. It was very nice and practical looking. However, for the price Mac sells those things for, I would much rather get another brush or stock up on shadows.

That was a sick gift. I better start planning his for October... oh boy, does anyone have any suggestions? lol kudos to you for even reading this far. Oh and don't forget to suggest a shadow for my last spot.. :D

Comments (0)

Post a Comment